EXCITING OPPORTUNITIES IN A MOTIVATING ENVIRONMENT!
Respond Support was established in 1993 and is a leading provider of Early Years Education & Childcare Services, Family Support, Day Care centres for older people, community education programmes and a range of community interventions.
Deputy Early Years Childcare Manager – Stepping Stones Drogheda, Co. Louth
Department: Early Years Education
Responsible to: Early Years Childcare Manager
Terms:22 ½ hours per week Monday to Friday
Job Purpose: To deputise and support the centre manager when required. To act as a positive role model and be responsible for the delivery and implementation of a high quality play-based curriculum under the guidance of the national quality frameworks Aistear and Síolta both indoors and outdoors. To, guide, observe, stimulate and supervise children in a safe and caring environment.
Core Duties & Responsibilities:
- To assist the manager in ensuring the service is fully compliant with all governing regulations and standards.
- To promote and adhere to the services ethos and mission of the company
- To follow the policies and procedure of the service at all times.
- To conduct observation and learning stories for all children.
- To organise materials and resources to ensure that they reflect the children’s emerging interests and abilities.
- To implement a play-based curriculum that encourages independence and fosters the growth of self-esteem within all children.
- To support children’s emotional, social and cognitive development.
- To assist in providing healthy snacks which meet the growing needs of children and reflects variation in culture or dietary needs.
- To develop and support parental involvement strategies that enhance children’s learning experiences
- Participate in reviews and evaluations of the service along with other staff and management
- Provide ongoing support to all staff members, in relation to work time management and training needs
- Attend team meetings when deputising for the Manager and also liaise with members of the management team on a regular basis
- Commitment to high quality early education
- The ability to work in collaboration with a dedicated team
- Highly motivated to work on own initiative
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- A professional and enthusiastic disposition
- Flexible and adaptable
- Demonstrate a commitment to continuous professional development
- Ability to demonstrate leadership and organisational skills
- Report writing and administration skills, familiar with recording income and expenditure
- Garda Vetting will be required as part of the recruitment process
Qualifications and Experience:
- Fetac Level 7 qualification in Early Childhood Care & Education
- A number of years’ experience working in Early Years setting is essential
- Minimum of two years’ experience in a supervisory role is essential
- Excellent Microsoft Skills
Please send C.V and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org before close of business 7th June 2019