Respond Support is a leading Community Early Learning and After School provider in Ireland.
We support the development and delivery of affordable, accessible, Early Years education and After School services for all families.
“That every child knows their value and discovers their magic”
Quality early childhood education and care is directly associated with positive pro-social and emotional development, personal development and greater academic success.
Respond Support’s provision of community-based services nationally demonstrates our commitment to contributing to the social and sustainable development of the communities we serve.
- Triple P Parenting
- Parenting Plus
- Doodle Den
- Buddy Bench
- Spongecakes and Spellings Literacy Programme
- Snuggle Stories Literacy Programme
- Parent & Toddler Groups
In childcare centres throughout Ireland, Respond Support provides childcare services to approximately 700 children. These services range from full-day childcare to morning, afternoon, pre-school and after school services and are available to Respond! Housing residents and members of the wider community.
Free Childcare Scheme
There is no charge for the playschool or daycare hours provided under the ECCE (Early Childhood Care and Education) scheme. the State capitation fee pays the playschool or daycare service to provide these ECCE hours. However, if you child attends for extra hours, you will need to pay for these extra hours in the normal way.
Need support with your childcare costs?
Up to €1,040 per year for children under three*
Up to €145 per week for children up to 15 years of age in families returning to work or study
For more information, click here
As Community Childcare providers Respond Support Services are part funded and operate through two main Government Schemes; the Early Childhood Care and Education (ECCE) Scheme and the Community Childcare Subvention Scheme (CCS). Some Respond Support Childcare Services are in a position to provide the Training and Employment Childcare (TEC) Programmes which incorporates the Childcare Education and Training Support Programme (CETS), After School Childcare Programme (ASCC) and the Community Employment Childcare Programme (CEC). Through all schemes, Respond Support aims to provide quality accessible affordable childcare services. Pobal administers the funding for all programmes and may conduct on-site visits and checks of service providers participating in programmes on behalf of the DCYA. Respond Support have almost 100 staff members nationwide who manage and provide these services. For further information on childcare services in your community, please click here or drop into one of our National Early Learning centres.
Respond Support provide childcare services in the following counties:
Key questions to ask when choosing a service:
- What hours do you operate?
- What times can I drop off and pick up my child?
- Do you close throughout the year and how long for e.g. Christmas or Easter time
- Will I be charged fees for public holidays or when my child is not there?
- Do you provide meals?
- What is the ratio of staff to children?
- What skills, qualifications and experience do the staff have?
- What ages do you care for? This is important because you might need to think about future child care options if they only provide care for children aged from birth to five.
- How will I know that my child’s learning and development will be encouraged?
- What are your internal policies and procedures?
- Will I be eligible for any subsidies or other financial assistance?