Child Protection Policy
Respond Support is committed to promoting the highest standards of child protection in line with ‘Children First: National Guidance for the Protection and Welfare of Children’ (2011). To achieve this, we have recently developed our child protection policy ‘Making our Communities Safe for Children’. This policy is now being implemented within the organisation and being promoted in all of our Services.
Our Child Protection Policy aims to:
- Promote the protection of children and young people within the organisation and in all of our services.
- Develop greater awareness of child welfare issues amongst staff and volunteers.
- Provide clear guidelines for staff and volunteers on behaviour that protects children, staff and volunteers
Our Child Protection Policy sets out:
- What might be a child protection or welfare concern?
- Steps to be followed by staff if they become aware of a child welfare concern
- Respond Support internal child protection responsibilities and structures
- Good practice guidelines for working with children and young people
- Contact details for local HSE Children and Family Services
- Other useful resource materials
Copies of the policy are available in each of our Childcare Services and offices or are available from our Family Support Staff. If you would like to read an information leaflet please click here. To download a copy of the full report, please click here.